Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A SNOWMAN CHRISTMAS TABLE




Here we are again -- it is suddenly cold Winter one day and back to warm-ish Fall again the next.  Weird weather.  I suppose the calendar says it is time for thinking about Christmas, so here we go!  The first little Christmas table of the season with the "American Christmas Tree" by Cuthbertson.  This is a discontinued English pattern which I bought at Bromberg's when we first came to Birmingham.  I have found a few replacement pieces on a couple of china matching services.  Accidents and tile floors and granite counters -- well, you know how it goes.







I love Serendipity!  I have never bought any flatware that was specifically Christmassy.  Last summer, though, I ordered this set of Fiesta flatware from Belk when they had a big sale, I think because Fiesta was changing a couple of their colors?  We have a few different plates in bright colors that are mostly used in the summer, and it is a nice complement to all of them.  Anyway, it is nice and heavy, a nice weight and feel in the hand.  We use it quite a lot for our everyday meals.  When I reached into the cabinet for the Christmas Tree plates to set the table, I automatically reached into the drawer for this flatware, and then I did a double take!  This stuff is perfect -- it pulls out all the bright colors on the tree and in the toys under it!  









One more thing -- I have been a pretty good girl this year, I think, and I have requested from Santa a new camera!  He said he would see what he could do.  I hope my photos get a lot better if he comes through.  My thanks to great bloggers like Brenda over at Cozy Little House and her new blog Cozy Inspiration for all the pointers for better photos -- I am paying attention, Girl!




Let's get this party started!

Scribbler

Linking to Cuisine Kathleen at Let's Dish and Susan for Tablescape Thursday.
On Friday I will join Courtney Feathered Nest Friday.   On Sunday I am joining Alma The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday.

19 comments:

  1. Ellen, I love your pretty dishes and the colorful flatware that pulls out all the colors. What I love best, though, is your cozy table for two! It's so perfect in your room and I love seeing it changed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cozy table for 2. The plates are really pretty....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snowman tablecloth...perfect to start the season with. The flatware is really does pull out the colors in those cute plates. Have a great week, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your table.. well you had me hooked with the tablecloth! Love your tree plates especially with the fun flatware! I noticed the chickenwire chargers too. Just so fun.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen,
    What a sweet tablecloth and I love the dishes and you are right, that flatware is perfect. Like Marlis, the chicken wire chargers really caught my eye. Where did you find them???? Thanks for your kind comments and advice on the storage issue. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute table!! Love the border on the tablecloth! Your lamp is so fun sitting on the table! Such a cozy place to have a meal!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flatware is perfect with that dinnerware! Love the tablecloth. Great table for tow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had the same strange weather here in Texas -- just a few days before you, I guess! I'm afraid we'll have to turn on the air conditioning this weekend to trim our Christmas tree! Your table is so fun and pretty -- and how fabulous that the Fiesta flatware "went" so perfectly with your plates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and cozy table! I love how that flatware worked out and the dishes are so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your pictures are beautiful. And I LOVE your table!

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It's all beautiful. The flat wear is just right for Christmas. I love it all but do you know the name of your goblets? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That flatware is great! I want some of that. Your table is so pretty, and I LOVE those chargers. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see you are getting into the spirit, and I'm betting you do it with great verve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No kidding!!! The flatware really DOES pull out all the colors in the dishes!!! Smart goin'!!! I like the little drummer napkin rings, too. I hope Santa grants your wish for a new camera. You have been very good, I think, and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that tablecloth! I have been looking at that flatware too, so many colors.
    I just bought myself a Cmas gift, some Nordic style flatware from WM. I don't think I would put it in the dishwasher though, none of that plastic handled stuff looks like it is durable. You made a good choice with the Fiesta.
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a festive table setting. I like the little lamp on the table. Makes it feel cozy like being in a cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks all! I think that flatware is one of the best choices I have ever made in tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing says Christmas like a tree! Your table for two is lovely and what a great finishing touch the Fiesta flatware makes. Your napkins and napkin rings are great!

    ReplyDelete