Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'M HO-O-O-OME!!!



La Plazuela Restaurant at La Fonda Hotel

Surprise, surprise, surprise!  (Didn't Gomer Pyle say that?)  I have been away for almost six weeks!  I posted a bunch of tablescapes while I was gone (which I set up and photographed prior to leaving home) to fake you out.  Hahahahaha!  The reason?  I didn't want anybody coming over to steal my dishes while I was gone.


Along the Santa Fe River which is actually underground

We spent all of December until today in Santa Fe!  I am very tired from my swell adventure, and I will be back to regular blogging next week in case anyone is interested.  You will get a brief recap about Santa Fe, but I won't bore you senseless with my vacation photos, I promise.  For this week's Tablescape Thursday and Let's Dish, I am going to show you our real Christmas table.  I realize most of you are already setting your tables for Easter by now, but here is my Christmas table anyway.


\










I stole this little Dollar Tree wreath-as-charger idea from Marlis at Creative Journeys


I will share some of my travel photos soon.  Right now, I am pooped, and I have a boatload of dirty laundry to deal with.  The plan is to get a good night's sleep and then tackle the pile of suitcases in the garage.  (That's where we dumped them!)  Five big boxes will be arriving in the next few days (I hope!) by FedEx Ground.  When you go to Santa Fe, you must shop, you know -- it is required.  The story goes that the late Charlton Heston filmed a movie there in his later years, and he said he loved it and would love to live there, but he couldn't afford it because his wife bought out all the stores! 



I didn't buy out the stores where Mrs. Heston no doubt shopped, but I did become very familiar with Big Lots, The Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Pier 1, Tuesday Morning, Lowe's and Home Depot.  We rented a condo for a while and had some family visits over the holidays, so of course we did some Christmas decorating, etc., so I did have to shop, after all.  




I will tell you more about the whole condo rental experience when I am not completely exhausted, but for now, yes, these are the dishes, flatware, stemware centerpiece and linens I had to buy at the above mentioned stores so that we had a festive table for the holidays. 

And now, my dears, I am going to crash!

Scribbler

P.S.  Can someone please tell me what is going on with goofy Blogger?  It took three hours to upload these photos.  The other day, they wouldn't come up in the published post. 

I am linking to Alma The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

I will also link to Cindy at My Romantic Home and 
to Courtney  at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday






26 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one posting a Christmas t'scape at Cuisine Kathleen's party! How fun for you to have a getaway for the holidays! Your table is lovely!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love the santa centerpiece and the tablecloth. The pretty places looks so nice on it. I love Santa Fe! I would love to go back there....Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a fun place -- hope you get to go back!

      Delete
  3. Wow - I am so impressed that you did those other gorgeous tables, before you left for your vacation. That took some discipline! I cannot wait to read about the vacation! Thanks for sharing your Christmas table - love the plaid tablecloth and the way that you placed those pretty plates on the greenery. Seeing those green goblets makes me sad. I missed out on those - they had only the blue ones left, when I got to the store! Happy with the blue ones, but I wish that I had both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am glad we did not miss your real table because it is striking. So many pretty details such as your great tablecloth and your dishes really pop. I like the pattern very much.Your greenery as a charger is very clever and adds a festive touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 weeks! you trickster, you! i hope you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You all are already setting your tables for Easter..."...I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard. I must confess that although I haven't set mine, yet, I have indeed thought about what I want to design. A month in Santa Fe...so glorious. I love that you shopped at all the discount stores. Five boxes...you obviously were quite successful! Glad that you're home safely. Now, give yourself a break and allow yourself to rest up from your vacation/adventure. Contradiction in terms on many levels, I know. About the Simpich Dolls...they really are quite special, and if you should ever have an interest, they are listed on eBay frequently. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. We used the same dishes for this posting, wow great minds must think alike...I only have the dinner plates and salads, I thought I could improvise with the others....Your setting is just beautiful and I love the big wonderful table...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoe pretty and festive. Love your centerpiece. I am sure you are exhausted. Rest up and get back at it Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmm....I don't have Blogger, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I hope it works itself out soon, though. I know how frustrating that can be!!! I'm glad you had a great time! Believe me...the burglars would have had to line up behind ME if they wanted to get to your dishes!!! :-) :-) :-) If you feel like sharing vacation photos, just send me a link to where they are. I love to look at other people's vacation photos. We never get to go on vacation, so I have to live vicariously through others!!! I'm glad you got to do some shopping and check out the local scene. No matter where I might go in the U.S., I always want to know if there's a Hobby Lobby, Pier 1 and/or Old Time Pottery there! :-) Your Christmas table turned out great! I love the recurring theme of the red against greenery around the room. You even dressed up the mirror!!!!!!! Like Cherry Kay, I haven't set up an Easter table yet, but it's in the back of my mind. I have an excuse, though: I have to do that kind of stuff for my tablescaping class which rolls around in early February. Otherwise I wouldn't be thinking about it until at least early March! :-) Welcome home, sweet pea! Glad you guys made it back safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi darling, glad they finally posted, the table is wonderful. Sounds like you had a great trip, they say don't let anyone know you're leaving the house, you did a great job of faking everyone out. lol Looking forward to hearing about your time away. Glad you had a great time and are home safe and sound.
    hugs ~lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easter, no I think not yet!! I never usually eat Easter Dinner at my home. I loved your comment about not telling anyone that you were gone because they might steal your dishes...too funny. I love those dishes and they are perfect on your plaid table! The greenery under your plates is a great idea that I would like to copy. I too have had problems loading pics. I just did a Top 10 tablescape so I could steal from my own blog, but if I would have had to upload, I couldn't. The uploand function wouldn't work. I went to Santa Fe with my parents many years ago. I wasn't into dishes then and bought a Mexican pig. Santa Fe for over a month sounds wonderful. I am assuming there were lots of luminarias and ristras. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  12. WB, Scrib. Love your Christmas table. I never get tired of red :) Glad you had a wonderful trip.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those red & white dishes! Your table looks great with the greens & plaid with the white centerpiece.
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back...sounds like you had a great time! While you were in NM, my sister came home for Christmas from NM!! She loves living there. Your table is beautiful and on the fly, no less! Love that tablecloth-what store is it from?

    Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cheery, just as your tables always are. Great red and white dishes you have there. Santa Fe, what a wonderful place to spend the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back, Ellen...I have to go shopping wherever I am, it isn't limited to any certain place! Beautiful Christmas table. Can't wait to hear about your vacation and what you bought...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it good to be back home1 I am always so excited to be going somewhere and then, once there, I can't wait to get back home. Of course you had to shop and double of course, you had to set up a Christmas table and a beautiful one. I love that cloth. I know you though, you didn't just shop discount, if I were a betting woman I would put up money you visited to antique stores and maybe even an estate sale! Glad you made it back safe and sound. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ellen, welcome back ! What a pretty table you set up in your condo. I've never been to Santa Fe, but I hope to one day. I had trouble posting pics, and couldn't even browse to get any. I have to use a different web browser to do that, such as Mozzilla Firefox. I don't know what's going on! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome home! I bet you're glad to sleep in your own bed again. I always miss mine when I'm gone. Love your table setting. The plaid mixed with the greenery is especially pretty. I've never been t Santa Fe. I bet it was warm and comfortable. I had alot of blogger problems too and was told to switch to Google Chrome. Gonna try it and keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome home! I do the same thing! Lovely table and I love the dishes with the plain cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome home and I am glad you had a good time! your Christmas table is just perfect. So fun and cheerful! thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, you must have hit the lottery! Glad you had a good trip, and your table is perfect.
    You forgot to add me to your party list, but since you are so tired, I will forgive you! :)
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete