Wednesday, January 2, 2013

LAVENDER & SILVER

Blogger was acting extremely funny this morning!  You may click on any of the photos to enlarge them.

OK -- this is a little editing after the fact.  These dishes you have seen before, several times.  They were on clearance a couple of years ago at Z Gallerie.  That Italian lavender stemware was an impulse purchase in the Fall at -- where else -- Home Goods!  The platinum banded goblets are Vera Wang, and those little silver wine cups are about a thousand years old.  I have no idea who made them.   The silver is Rondo by Gorham, the pattern I chose while a mere infant.  [G(irls) R(aised) I(n) T(he) S(outh) do that.]

The pearl napkin rings I found at Belk last year (or the year before) -- things run together when you get my age, you know.   The b'n'b plates were a wedding gift back in the prehistoric times when I was a jailbreak bride in early 1964!  I feel like I might be talking about my Grandma...


























Scribbler

Linking to Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish, Alma The Tablescaper for SEASONAL SUNDAYand to Susan for Tablescape Thursday.



I am also linking this post to these parties:


Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday



22 comments:

  1. Yowza, those dishes are pretty!!!!!!! I know you love shades of purple, and these dishes and stemware are just the reason why...SO pretty! I always love to use shades of purple as a great transitional color because purple is poppin' year round!!!

    Let's get together and give Blogger a smack! I pretty much always enlarge your photos anyway just because I love to look at detail, but I understand how annoying it can be otherwise. I hope they get the problem fixed soon.

    Happy New Year with a big ol' lavender hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do tell us about those dishes! They are gorgeous, especially atop the mirrored placemats! And I love the centerpiece -- adds a pretty touch without flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might claim to be a lazy writer but there is not a lazy tablesetting bone in your body! I am so in love with lavender and green now. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunlight and shadow, exquisite! Loving the purple, Ellen.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous color for a table. It's as ethereal as the ribbons in the crystal bowl for the centerpiece. I would have succumbed to those goblets too.. It's just wonderful, dreamy and I love it!! Happiest of year to you! xo Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table, Ellen! I love the soft sunlight filtering through making pretty shadows on the talbe. The color of the dishes and stemware is gorgeous. Happy 2013 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen, You were a baby girl with exquisite taste because your flatware is beautiful!!! I wonder how the price has changed in those years? I recently priced mine which I chose 30 years ago, and wow.... Your table is gorgeous--I love lavender. Happy New Year! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow the lavender stemware looks absolutely beautiful with those dishes!! Just gorgeous!! Very pretty photos too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is beautiful. I love your use of the mirror as placematsand you take wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is simply beautiful! My favorite color...purple! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspiration of a mirror as a placemats. I love that idea.

    Purple is my colour too.

    Hope you had a great time welcoming the NY.

    Greetings,
    /CC girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Better than you know!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  12. I'm loving the mirror as placemats...I will have to remember that! Gorgeous purple dishes and napkins to match. I do need to also get something in purple myself, I just love it! Thank you for your sweet and kind comment. Looking forward to visitng you in 2013! Happy New Year!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ellen,
    Love those plates. I love Z Gallerie. Your centerpiece is spectacular. It looks like wide ribbon piled in a crystal bow; am I right? I love adding the little silver cups too. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is ribbon piled up in a crystal bowl -- brilliant don't ya think?

      Delete
  14. Oh how pretty the sun shined on your table. I've come to love purple late in my life --- look what I've been missing all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your purples win me over. One doesn't have to grow old to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, gorgeous, Ellen. This is short...I have to use my phone, the computer is down. I really like this table!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty! Love the colors, gorgeous!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is so lovely and I have always adored shades of purple and silver together! You certainly spent some time getting this table just right - wow! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that shade of purple, so pretty with the silver. And the stems, oh my!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The purple is gorgeous! Especially the goblets.
    Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete