Saturday, December 28, 2013

HAD A LOVELY CHRISTMAS?


It is still Christmas at our house -- what about yours?  I worked so hard right up till the time we left for the airport late on Christmas Eve to pick up our family that I hardly noticed.  Since then, I have just enjoyed their company and the fruits of our labor.  No Christmas cards were sent this year -- just no time.  (Sorry about that everyone!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!) Most of the other usual rituals on the run-up to the big day got lost in the shuffle, too.  Now it is time to enjoy it with the ones I did it all for in the first place.  I do not understand the concept of yanking it all down the day after Christmas.

We have a happy piece of news to share!  Brendan and Heshi told us they are now formally engaged, and they will be getting married in China in Heshi's hometown (which I cannot begin to pronounce -- it is in Northern China) in about a month.  Boxing Day officially marks their engagement day, the day they have gone public (i.e. all over the social media) -- quite a change from the old days when it was announced in the newspaper! 

We had a little celebration with a nice bottle of Mo√ęt Chandon which I had bought for our own 23rd anniversary on the 22nd.  I think I baked cookies all day on that day, and we were so tired that the day came and went without much notice.  Well, we did have a filet mignon that I managed to overcook, but that was about it.  I am not sure I even combed my hair…



So now this darling girl who I love will be our daughter-in-law!  I couldn't be more pleased.  Her mother sent me a lovely gift from China (think blue and white!) that you might get to see in another post.








16 comments:

  1. Your Heshi is beautiful! I love her eyes. Congratulations are in order. Hope you will get to see them more often. Really wish you could attend the wedding.
    janeintx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but since this is in the frozen tundra near Russia, I don't think I could deal with it. They live all over the world since they are film producers, and I don't really see them coming here a lot. Maybe, just maybe, I will get to travel more?

      Delete
  2. Congrats to the adorable couple and to your whole family..
    we had a quiet, peaceful, happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Quiet and peaceful is good!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!
    We celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas so we keep all the decorations up through Epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beautiful girl! Congratulations and a very Happy New Year!
    My tree is still lit up as we speak. I can enjoy it now that the frenzy is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly happy news and a great reason to open the bubbly! Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are very happy for them.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on getting a beautiful daughter-in-law.

    I am so ashamed to admit that I did not put up a tree this year. It just seemed too much for me this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE congratulations!!!! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exciting news! Beautiful future DIL and handsome son. Congratulations to the happy couple!
    Our Christmas tree is still up. I want to continue to enjoy the twinkle of the lights and the beautiful ornaments.
    I'll pack it all up after New Year's Day. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Will you go to China for the wedding? She is lucky to have such a supportive MIL! You must live very near me byw, I'm in Vestavia?
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes to your beautiful future daughter-in-law and handsome son...what a wonderful Christmas gift!
    Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Ellen! What a beautiful future daughter-in-law. Thanks for commenting on my blog as well! Nice to hear from you! I understand so much about all the Christmas rush and how sometimes yiu just don't have enough time to get everything done. I agree that the decorating and baking etc is really for yiur family and close friends. I did everything last minute thus Chrustmas because I was busy working - but it got done, although not as extensively as I did in years past. I need some elves!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    Linda

    http://www.thecolorfulbee.com

    ReplyDelete