09 April 2014

PRETTY DAY TODAY



Today was gorgeous!  Always loverly to see the sunshine, isn't it?  I thought you might like to see my Lady Banks as seen through the WC window -- isn't it gorgeous?  Almost in full bloom, it was planted a couple of years ago.  This past Fall we planted some more on the back of the pergola. 



We have finished tweaking the bath -- Sweet Husband caulked all around the perimeter tiles of the room, and I lengthened the shower curtain by adding 18" to each panel. I couldn't find a third one like the first two, but I did find another by Cynthia Rowley at HG which has the same colors in a complimentary design.  I think it works, and I have a piece left to do some other project.  



A little bitty tip from me to you:  if you are hanging your curtains  with any kind of hook, set the first one back on the return bracket (behind the finial), and the next one on the front in between the bracket and finial.  Do this on both ends.  




This creates a professional "return" on each side, with no gap between the curtain and the wall.  To get this full look, use two shower curtains, or in my case three, because I have hung mine higher than intended and needed that third to lengthen them.  Even very cheapo curtains (or sheets or tablecloths) can look great if they are nice and full and installed correctly. There is a bit of decorator wisdom that says if budget is an issue it is better to use an inferior fabric where you need a lot and make it super full and lush, and then spend your precious $$$ on fancy fabric for small items like pillows or other accents.  I did a project for a client once where we bought about three yards of a very expensive Scalamandré fabric and used it for the "face" of the pillows for her LR.  We put a lesser fabric on the back, and still got that luxe look we were after.  Just another little tip from me to you.  



I am liking the necklace knobs -- this is a very scientific, scholarly term, you know!




I couldn't resist one last shot of the sunshine hitting my bedroom today.  I like it a lot, although I still need to paint the nightstands and armoire.  On the project list for this summer is a waterfall bedspread and shams out of a fabric that is probably vintage by now because I have had it so long -- stay tuned.     
  
Linking this post to the following parties:





Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.

What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants

My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
 French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Common Ground for Be Inspired on Fridays
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Fabulously Creative Linky Party @ Jennifer Rizzo
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous


To see more of My Boho Bath and my master bedroom, look back at the last couple of posts.  You can also use the search button on the sidebar.


7 comments:

  1. love the colors in the shower curtain and the new design looks great with it. Wouldn't the official scientific name be "knecklace knobs? dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wonderful yellow springy bedroom, love it when it looks so fresh and I especially love that quilt, it is so so pretty....when ask what color would you say is the hottest new color for 2014, the two top designers said at the same time...Yellow....lol ...you are right in step...thanks for fun post...love seeing all you and hubby do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bedding is wonderful! Thanks so much for the curtain tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the turquoise sings! happy saturday, ellen!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip on the curtains, and your bedroom is sooooo pretty! BTW did you hear that we're going to have some severe weather tomorrow? My daughter was supposed to start driving lessons, but the instructor wisely rescheduled.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great fabric on the shower curtain. Your bedroom is so pretty.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love nice comments! So leave me one already!

Featured Post

GUEST POST BY BRENDAN DAVIS, aka "Son of Scribbler"

Guest Blog by Brendan Davis December 11, 2016 Beijing, China Hello, dear readers and friends - virtual or otherwise - of my ...