07 September 2015

A COUPLE OF LITTLE TECHNICALITIES


Recently I have been having some issues commenting on some of your blogs.  I can't be the only one, so I decided to bring it up here.  



On Google Blogger blogs, some of them require a reader to be "logged in"  to your Google account first before you can leave a comment.  Don't know if mine is doing that, but I would like you to tell me if you run into that.  There is no warning beforehand, though, so you sit and you write a nice little comment on something you just enjoyed reading, and then it tells you that you have to "Sign In" to proceed.  So you enter your Google password, and it takes you back to the comment box.  Lo and behold, it is empty!  That comment you just painstakingly wrote has vaporized.

A similar thing happens on some of the Wordpress blogs.  You write the comment, then the three lines pop up, sometimes with your info already filled in if you regularly read that blog.  The problem is, even though you have checked the box for WP to remember you the last time you changed it, the info you are seeing now may be old or wrong, like directing a reader back to a blog that no longer exists.  So you try to change it again.  Some of them will let you change it, and then it will be stored.  Others will not.  You have to do it every time, then before it is accepted, you first have to log in to Wordpress.  The problem there is that sometimes your WP password is accepted, and sometimes it is not.  I have just changed mine again for the umpteenth time again this morning.

All the comments I have tried to leave some of you have just disappeared.  Sometimes I get frustrated and send you an email and let you know, sometimes I don't especially if I don't have time to reconstruct what I just wrote you in the vaporized comment.  You may get a private email from me soon if you have one of these blogs, telling you that yours is one that I am having trouble with.

If you notice that I am not leaving you comments, and you know that I regularly read your blog, that is why.  Just thought I would mention it.  I am now off to check my settings to make sure this is not happening on mine because I don't want to miss anything you might want to write to me.



21 comments:

  1. yep yep.. happens to me a lot... I wrote you an email last week with my comment on your post cause it aggravated me so bad after 3 attempts lol.. and don't even get me started on wordpress~! I HATE wordpress and everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you had this issue and I am glad you let me know. I checked the settings this morning, and I don't know exactly how to fix it. I am going t investigate it, though. When I come up with something, I will notify everyone.

      Delete
  2. I have had the same trouble commenting on Blogger blogs (is that redundant??), and it IS annoying to have a comment vanish! Especially when it already shows "Comment as: Tricia (Google)". Sometimes if it's a long comment I copy it before I press Publish, just in case. But we shouldn't have to DO that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. You would think if it is asking you to comment as yourself, then it is ready to go.

      Delete
  3. well , I don't know if my comment went through cause now it has to wait to be approved.. oui vey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had that happen on anyone's blog...does it happen on mine? That would be very irritating to type out a comment, only for it to go poof into thin air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great you wrote a post about this. It can be quite frustrating. I sometimes have a difficult time myself. I have gotten into the habit of copying everything I write and try to comment again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea at this point. We should not have to do this, though.

      Delete
  6. I am smiling because today is blog visiting day for me and I have indeed ran into this issue!
    Have a happy Labor Day and a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for backing me up. It is more than a little annoying, isn't it?

      Delete
  7. Thanks for letting me know. I have noticed that here lately, Google is asking me to log in almost every time I get on my computer, even though I may have only stepped away for a while, not shut it down. I don't know what is going on lately with Blogger -- half the time it is not working right, or photos take forever and a day to load. Anyone else having issues? The only thing I can see to do at this point is to look at the bottom right of the comment box where it may ask you to sign in or sign out. If you are not signed in, then just do it again before you write the comment. Of course, I don't always remember! I don't know what to suggest about Wordpress. I suppose it is a glitch in the way the blog has been set up. I certainly don't know anything about it, so I have no suggestions there.



    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have this problem. Is it happening with mine? What do you need to check in the Settings, so I'll know?
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, Brenda. I think it might be something on the Google page. I am asked to sign in repeatedly during the course of a day. I can't remember, but I think yes, it has happened occasionally on yours, just not all the time. There are few where it ALWAYS happens.

      Delete
  9. I'm on Wordpress, and when I have trouble with other blogs, it's usually the Blogger sites. Also most blogger sites aren't updating my blog in their sidebar, so it looks as if I haven't written anything since last summer. Also, so comments I leave are from, "Leslie Anne @ Fairhope Supply" and others are just from "Fairhope Supply Co." I can't figure out how to log in and change it!!!

    I'm going to my blogger's meeting tomorrow and I'll see if any of them are having trouble. Comment sections are usually a hot topic when we meet because none of them ever work completely right, and we always wish there was some uniform system.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had three people just this week tell me the same thing about my blog (you were one of them). This hasn't happened to me when leaving comments probably because I stay logged into Google all the time die to the fact I have so many Google accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've learned to check and if I realize I'm not logged in I copy my comment and then log in. If it doesn't save my comment then I just paste it into the comment form and enter it again. I've never had it happen repeatedly though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, but we shouldn't have to do that. At least in my humble opinion!

      Delete
  12. Read your post via Google+ there is some new law I have noticed on Blogger re cookies UN thing but just to mention your Google+ comments disabled thanks for sharing have a wonderful day lots of love from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had no idea I had any readers in South Africa. It looks like a beautiful country. I didn't know you were unable to comment on Google+. That must be something Google, did, otherwise I don't know why. But I am happy to see you here!

      Delete
  13. Happens often to me, but can't recall which blogs do it,......easier not to comment, but sometimes comments work, so it all depends on the day Im having......

    ReplyDelete

I love nice comments! So leave me one already!

Featured Post

GUEST POST BY BRENDAN DAVIS, aka "Son of Scribbler"

Guest Blog by Brendan Davis December 11, 2016 Beijing, China Hello, dear readers and friends - virtual or otherwise - of my ...